Monday, January 6, 2014

My new addiction: Cover Buttons and Enchiladas

I just returned from a fabric store and I am giggling like a little kid. I bought a "Cover Button Kit" on sale for $3. I have been wanting to buy this and make buttons at home for my girls. It came with three buttons, and I already made two with fabric scraps. So easy and so cute, for hair accesories, clothes, accents... the possibility is endless.


In the kitchen, I have been a little bit addicted to enchiladas. It is, again, so easy and so delicious. You can vary your fillings. We have made it with cheese, black olives & mushrooms, black beans, or potatoes. Potatoes were okay. It needs more flavor. My favorite is olives & mushrooms. 







The recipe is from this site. I add a bit of smoked paprika to it. I skip the straining step because I use my wonderful Vitamix. But if you use a regular blender, I would definitely recommend not to skip this step. I also substitute Chicken Stock with Vegetable Stock made with Vegetable Bouillon cube. When adding the sauce to heated oil, be aware that it will splatter. The sauce will keep well for several days in the refrigerator and for a few weeks frozen. I think I need to keep this in stock at all time for a quick lunch or dinner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment