Monday, January 14, 2013

Taking charge of our health...

I fell this morning in front of our house. It has been really cold and the pavement was icy. Despite the fact that my husband warned me when he left to work, I slipped and fell. I landed on my left side and the impact, I don't think, was too bad. But, I am 5 months pregnant. Immediately, I thought, "oh, my gosh. My baby!" I called the doctor, and went in to make sure she was okay. She IS okay with good heartbeat and she has been moving actively. The doctor told me to take it easy for a few days, so I sat on the rocking chair and decided to watch a movie, which I rarely do. I watched a documentary about culture of diet and healthy eating. We (my family and I) have been a pretty healthy family, and we eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. But this morning's fall and watching this documentary made me think: I am carrying a baby and I am responsible for not only my health but also her health. What I do and what I eat affect my baby in my tummy. Thank goodness the fall was not bad and it did not affect the baby. I know there are accidents that cannot be prevented. But there are a lot of things we can do to have healthy pregnancy and to have a healthy child. Eating Healthy food is definitively one thing that I can do for myself and for my child. I knew this before, but this morning's fall really made me think about everything I could choose to do for my health and hers.

So I made myself a super juice. My husband makes this every morning, and without any bias (really!!) he is one of the best looking 38 years old I have ever met in my life. He is actually really good looking (handsome) but he looks very young and vibrant. When he discloses his age, people would not believe it because he looks like in his 20th. And his juicing every day (sometimes twice per day) and his healthy regular diet are the keys for his looks and energy. But I must admit, I have not liked this super juice and I usually says "no" when he offered to me. My 3 year old daughter is better than me, drinking this juice happily and asking for more. But this particular one with persimmon and almond butter was very good. I let the blende run quite long for it to be smooth, and I did not feel any pulp of vegetables or even bitterness. I think I can drink this everyday.

Fruity green smoothie

One banana
One persimmon
Three to four leaves of kale
One carrot
One stalk of celery
One table spoon of almond butter
One table spoon of honey
Half a cup of filtered water

Put these in a high speed blender (vitamix is the best kind) for a few minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment